Tuesday, April 15, 2014

My Shopping Treasures

Hi everyone:

I've finally managed to sort out the few things that I purchased at the recent quilt show in Red Deer. I really didn't get too much bought more than I thought. 
Still some room in there
Isn't it amazing how much a rolling shopping bag can hold? It's a good thing I had this with me as I wouldn't have been able to carry all of my purchases around in a shopping bag or even in my backpack. Thank goodness one of my friends bought this rolling tote for me a few years ago or I would've only spent a few, instead of several, $$$. I'm not sure that my husband feels the same way however…
It's not even overflowing

I know you're dying to see what I bought, so I won't keep you waiting any longer. Drum roll, please!

I bought these items at the first vendor's booth just inside the door, probably within five minutes of entering the show. I had, after all, just driven us all up to Red Deer and definitely needed a small reward.

Batik half metre cuts, some Aurifil thread and a fat quarter pack
Who could resist this wonderful combination of red, black and grey and the snowman was just too cute to pass up. (I had just watched "Frozen" before the quilt show).
Batik jelly roll and a chenille snowman pillow kit
I did have batiks on my "must buy" list, so I was pleased to find more half metre cuts at another booth.

Just a few more batiks
 I loved the fabric combinations in this fat quarter pack, so into the cart it went!
Another fat quarter pack
I always look forward to visiting this vendor to supplement my embellishment stash. And I might even use these some day.
Incomparable Buttons, sari fabric strips and buttons
 I cannot resist homespuns and linen fabrics, especially when they are this gorgeous.
Homespuns and linens are always good
I never pass up a Yoko Saito book, but almost did until one of my friends dragged me back to purchase this - as we were walking out the door. Can't blame this purchase on me.
Another book to add to my collection
Usually I pay around $4.00 for a fat quarter, so these were a steal at $20.00 for 10 of them   - or in my case, $40.00 for 20 of them. But they're only $2.00 each!
Fat quarters for several projects -
and yes, I bought some duplicates on purpose
I've been investigating more artsy options lately and this looked like a good book to add to my mixed media section. And the Lutradur? Well, I've heard so much about it, that I had to purchase some to try.
Just one more book, please?
You really can't blame this purchase on me. Okay, I did buy the perle cotton, but I did not buy the cone of embellishments. One of my quilting friends bought it for me to say thanks for driving her to the show. How nice! And pretty!
Embellishment cone, yum!
And yet another item that I did not purchase. One of my other friends found this adorable decal to embellish my van or my mirror or to put in my studio. What a cute idea and it's just my colour too!
The perfect decal for me
 Now I just need to find room for these in my studio before the next show in May.





















1 comment:

Ann Symes said...

You went home with a good haul! Looking forward to seeing what you make with your goodies!